- About The Park
- Forest Lodges
- Things to do
- Oceanfest 2016
- Lakeside Restaurant
General Park Description
Hidden Valley Park is a touring and camping park with 120 pitches which can accommodate caravans, motor homes, trailer tents, tents or folding campers. The majority of pitches are on level ground, with 60 that have a hard standing pitch surface, the remaining 60 are grassed, and all have on-pitch parking.
The park extends over 27 acres, being approximately a mile from one end to the other. Set in a wooded valley, there are some areas of undulation, with part of the site laid on terraces. The main car park is level and laid in tarmac, with two allocated disability parking bays next to the central amenities building.
Reception & Central Amenities Building
• There is either a block-paved ramp or three steps from the car park leading to a level block-paved area outside the reception entrance. The ramp is approximately 1:12 and the wide steps are 6” high and 18” depth from front to back. There is no hand rail adjacent to either access; there is low wall on the either side of the ramp.
• Access to the shop, coffee shop, bar, games room and toilet facilities are all via the reception entrance through double doors, and are all on one level.
• There is a disabled toilet within this amenities building which can accommodate a wheelchair turning circle and has two fixed handrails and a pull-down rail, plus a washbasin.
• The reception, shop, and coffee shop counters are all set at 3ft high, for ease of use by visitors in a wheelchair.
• Non-glare, non-flicker lighting is provided in reception and shop.
• There is additional level access to the bar, used when reception is closed, from a block-paved pathway round the rear of the building and in through double doors.
• The paved patio outside the bar has a small 4” step up on one side and 2 wide, deep steps of 8” high on the other side, with some wooden picnic tables. It is also stepped from the patio into the bar through this entrance.
Pitch Areas and Park Grounds
• All pitch areas can be fully accessed by car on tarmac roads, and have space for parking provided on the pitch.
• Lighting is provided around the park, although this is kept to a minimum in line with the park’s environmental policy.
• On the Top Park there are hard-standing pitches laid on three terraces. The top terrace includes the main toilet and shower amenities block (for details see separate information below), and some standard and large pitches
• The middle terrace includes some standard and super pitches (direct water and waste facilities) with 21 concrete steps up to the main amenities block. These steps have a wooden handrail on one side and are adequately lit.
• The far terrace has a small portaloo toilet facility (for details see separate information below). Access to the middle terrace is via a wooden bridge which crosses the river. The bridge has a sloped concrete pathway down to it and is approximately 3ft wide.
• On Kingfisher Meadow the main toilet and shower amenities block is located centrally, with both standard and large grass pitches surrounding it.
• Some pitches near to the ablutions blocks are allocated for customers who may benefit from the proximity to the facilities. If appropriate, please request one of these pitches at the time of booking.
• Around the park there are numerous grassed areas with fairly level access and seating provided. There is an area of terraced gardens which are steeply sloped down to the lake.
• There is a small field area where dogs can be let off lead and seating is provided.
Toilet & Shower Amenities Blocks
• The two main ablutions blocks have level access to disabled toilet and shower facilities.
• The disabled showers have seats, either wall fixed or free standing, with non-slip flooring throughout. The Top Park facilities have under-floor heating.
• Fixed wall rails are provided in all disabled toilet and shower rooms.
• There are two laundry rooms on the park, with washing machines, tumble dryers, spinners, sinks for hand washing and wall-mounted irons.
• The top park block has a bathroom – there are no hand rails or assistance devices available in the bathroom.
Other information & services
• Our staff are appropriately trained and aim to provide a comprehensive service to all of our customers. They would be delighted to discuss your personal requirements with you.
• We make every effort to anticipate the likely requirements of our guests. However if you need any help at any time during your stay, please mention this to our staff, and they will be pleased to assist.
• We offer all customers assistance in pitching a caravan or motor home.
• Dogs are welcome on the park and must be kept on leads. Assistance dogs are welcome in all facilities and areas at all times.
• Brochures, tariffs, menus and welcome details are available in large print.
• There is a public telephone available on-site. This is housed in a traditional red PO phone box, accessed over a curb and is not suitable for wheelchair access.
• Mobile phone networks can be accessed on the most areas of the park.
• There is a regular bus service, which usually has low floor vehicles, and picks up/drops off from outside the main entrance of the park. Alternatively there are a number of local services who can provide adapted transport, details of which can be obtained from reception.